Reading Notes: Margaret Hunt's Household Tales, part B

I choose to read Margaret Hunt's Household Tales by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm. I really enjoyed reading some of the classic tales. One story that I really enjoyed reading is Snow-White and Rose-Red. Before reading this story I had never heard of Snow-White's sister Rose-Red. I loved the overall message of this story. Even though the bear seemed scary at first, the sisters trusted their gut and allowed the bear into their home. Due to the sisters kind hearts they ending up saving the bear and helping him return to his human form. Snow-White ended up marrying the man who was once the bear. I would love to write a similar story where a character shows another character kindness and it goes a very long way.

Snow-White and Rose-Red (photo by Wikipedia)

Comments