Reading Notes: Canterbury Tales, Part A

I really enjoyed reading the Canterbury Tales from Eva March Tappan's The Chaucer Story Book. The stories really went well with my portfolio theme of "choose joy." One story that specifically stood out to me was "The Wife of Bath's Tale: The Unknown Bride ." I loved the storyline of an elder woman giving a piece of advice to a knight in order to spare his life but requesting he return the favor by marrying her. The knight was very hesitant and even rude to the woman but ended up marrying her. He was very standoffish to her until one day she talked some sense into him and he kissed her. Which turned her into a beautiful young lady and the knight fell in love with her. I love the ending of this story. I want to use this story as an inspiration for my entire portfolio. This story is exactly what I am trying to capture in my own set of stories. I love that The Unknown Bride was a twist on a fairytale.


Photo from Love Literature

Comments