Story Laboratory

I choose to do the Writers Write for my story laboratory. I read the article "6 Ways For Writers To Stay Motivated" by Bridget McNulty. I decided to read this article because I have found that the further we move into the class the less motivated I become to write. One way to stay motivated is to make writing a priority because I typically put doing my assignments off until the last minute.  Another way is to make it consistent. According to the article the more consistent you are the more ideas will show up. To stay motivated it is important to choose a writing space. I typically sit on my couch so I guess that is not the best place to make my designated writing spot. It is also important to use dead time to ponder and plan each writing session. Lastly it is important to set writing goals in order to stay motivated. After reading these six ways to stay motivated I feel as though I can apply these ways to my writing and improve it. 

I thought this meme was perfect for the topic! Especially with finals quickly approaching. (photo by Motivational Memes

Comments

  1. Hey Olivia!
    It seems like we have a lot of similar strategies for writing. When it came to my storybook, I definitely tried to be consistent about publishing my stories, even when my final one was set to be published while I was 1500 miles way from home. When it came to weekly writing, I think I definitely let the consistency slip some days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment