Week 13 Story: Alice in Wonderland

On a midafternoon in early August two sisters were preparing a tea party. The sun beamed down on the table of goodies causing the icing on the cupcakes to drip. Alice one of the sisters began to carefully pour the tea into the cups. While Ann the other sister began setting the table. 

Once the tea party was ready the sisters sat down to enjoy. Mid bite Alice noticed a young boy run by with a pocket watch. Intrigued by what she saw, she followed the boy. Alice could barely keep up for the boy was walking swiftly. 

Suddenly the boy disappeared. Alice confused by where he went, ran to the spot where she last saw him. Once Alice caught up, she noticed a deep hole in the ground. Alice slipped on some loose dirt and feel down the hole.

Down, down, down. Alice felt as though she never stopped falling down. There was nothing else to do but fall down. The hole was lit by lamps hanging from the walls of the tunnel. There was upside down picture frames and floating objects.  The hole was cold, but Alice was so frightened she didn’t pay much attention. 

Suddenly Alice stopped falling. There was a loud thump as Alice hit the ground. Alice was unphased and jumped up to her feet. She began to look around trying to get a feel for her surroundings. Alice spotted the young boy rapidly walking in the opposite direction. Quickly Alice chased after him. “Excuse me!” “Excuse me!” “Um excuse me! Where are we?” The boy gave no answer. 

As Alice got closer to the boy, she heard him mumbling “I’m late I’m late for a very important date.” Confused by what the boy was talking about, Alice continued to follow him. Along the path the boy continued to say, “I’m late I’m late for a very important date” and checked his pocket watch every 10 seconds.

 After what seemed to be 20 minutes of scurrying down this path the boy came to a halt. Unware that the boy was going to stop so quickly Alice ran into him. “We are here” the boy said. 

 Alice in Wonderland (photo by Pinterest
Authors Note: 

My inspiration for this story was “Down the Rabbit-Hole” from the Alice in Wonderland unit by Lewis Carroll. In the original story Alice spots a rabbit running by and follows him down a hole. Alice continues to fall down the hole for what seems like an eternity. I love the story of Alice in Wonderland and wanted to create my own spin on it.  In my story the young boy was created to represent the white rabbit. I wanted to bring a love story to Alice in Wonderland. 

Comments

  1. Hey Olivia!

    I enjoyed reading your version of "Alice in Wonderland." I agree with you that adding a young love story to the whims of the story would definitely make it more interesting, if that's even possible. What I disliked most about your story was that it ended. Who was the boy? Where was "here?" You drew me in to your rabbit hole for sure. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Olivia!
    You've created a very interesting story here! It seems a bit odd to change the rabbit into a boy, but the change doesn't really affect the whimsical feeling of the story at all. I'd be interested to see how the character could be integrated fully into the whole of Alice in Wonderland, considering the rabbit itself seems to disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Olivia,

    I thought your version of Alice in Wonderland was really cool and exciting. I love that whimsical feeling you get when you read a story like that, which is probably why I love Disney stuff they way I do! I think the change of the rabbit to a boy is pretty interesting and cool. I also like that you used a familiar story to make a new one of your own. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment